Website KP Building Products
KP Building Products has an immediate employment opportunity in Brampton for an Extrusion Operator who is looking to join our continental shift teams.
Schedule: 12 hours | Rotating, days / nights continental shifts (3-2-2-3)
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 (plus Night Premium of $0.90)
- Health and Dental benefits (after 3 months)
- Group RRSP
- Ongoing training initiatives
- Yearly Safety Boot Allowance
- Prescription Safety Glasses Allowance
- Vacation & paid time off
- In-house training
- Opportunity for growth
- Ensure all lines are running without quality concerns at the beginning and throughout your shift
- Keep in contact, if need arises, with Lead Hand Operator, Packer and Production Supervisor when changes occur. (eg. colour changes, scrapping, etc.)
- Help other operators when needed
- Make all quality checks as required; Finished products must match all quality standards assigned (eg. Cosmetic, Functional, and Appearance etc.)
- Assist in line changeovers including die removal and replacement
- Maintain housekeeping of your lines and workstation
- Light maintenance, minor repairs and adjustments to correct extrusion problems
- Operator extrusion, downtime tracking and running sheets are completed
- Packer relief as needed
- Follow any reasonable request from a Supervisor
- Follow KP Building’s ISO quality management system
- Participate in training as required by the company
- Adhere to all applicable company policies and procedures, including quality and health and safety
- Completed high school diploma GED, or equivalent
- Minimum of One (1) year experience as an extrusion operator within a manufacturing environment, preferably plastics extrusion
- Machine Operator experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Mechanically inclined and willing to learn
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those candidates who fit the requirements of the role will be contacted.
KP Building Products is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Saint-Gobain will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.
HERE WE “GROW” AGAIN!
On July 29, 2022 Saint-Gobain completed the acquisition of Kaycan, a manufacturer and distributor of exterior building materials in Canada and in the United States. With this acquisition, Saint-Gobain reinforced its worldwide leadership in light and sustainable construction by becoming the top siding player in Canada. We are excited to add new complimentary products to our broad offering of exterior building solutions.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.