Website KP Building Products
KP Building Products, manufacturer and distributor of vinyl siding and strive, is searching for a Machinist / Tool and Die Maker. Here at KP Building Products, our employees are at the forefront of everything we do. We are the leading Canadian manufacturer and distributor of vinyl siding and strive to be the best in customer experience.
Salary: $36.67 / hour
Schedule: Day shift, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
- Health and Dental benefits (after 3 months)
- Group RRSP
- Ongoing training initiatives
- Allowances for prescription safety glasses and safety shoes
- In-house safety training
- Opportunity for growth
High School and General Machinist, Tool and Die Maker OR Machine Tool Builder and Integrator Trade Certification
AND / OR
Completion of a Certificate of Apprenticeship and Certification of Qualification in the above mentioned trades.
· Two years hands on experience in integrating and assembly of custom factory automation.
· A working knowledge (written & verbal) of both English and Mathematics
· Physically capable of performing the essential duties of the job
· Ability to perform all assigned tasks related to Tool & Die
· Making in a timely manner while maintaining quality standards
· Proficient in the use of all Toolroom equipment and related measuring equipment
· Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments such as micrometers or vernier calipers
· Measure dimensions of completed workpieces to verify conformance to specifications.
· Machine parts to specifications, using machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines or grinders.
· Detect problems by listening for specific sounds.
· Adjust cutting speed to compensate for harmonic vibrations.
· Operate grinding equipment and cutting equipment.
· Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations.
· Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
· Mount attachments or tools onto production equipment.
· Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
· Monitor equipment operation to ensure proper functioning
· Maintain machine tools in proper operational condition.
· Exchange information with colleagues.
· Clean and repair all tooling when it is ret
· Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock to display placement of cuts.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those candidates who fit the requirements of the role will be contacted.
KP Products is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, KP Products will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process.
HERE WE GROW AGAIN!
On July 29, 2022 Saint-Gobain completed the acquisition of Kaycan, a manufacturer and distributor of exterior building materials in Canada and in the United States. With this acquisition, Saint-Gobain reinforced its worldwide leadership in light and sustainable construction by becoming the top siding player in Canada. We are excited to add new complimentary products to our broad offering of exterior building solutions.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.