Website KP Windows
HERE WE ‘GROW’ AGAIN!
On July 29, 2022 Saint-Gobain completed the acquisition of Kaycan, a manufacturer and distributor of exterior building materials in Canada and in the United States. With this acquisition, Saint-Gobain reinforced its worldwide leadership in light and sustainable construction by becoming the top siding player in Canada and enlarging its vinyl offer across the United States with complementary solutions in aluminum and engineered wood.
Saint-Gobain -the world’s largest building materials company with a 350-year legacy of innovation and growth. The Saint Gobain group is a leader in sustainable product development and environmental stewardship. We’re proud to that Saint-Gobain North America was recognized by Top Employers institute as on the best workplaces in North America & Canada.
Our team designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions in the construction and building materials market. We provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change. Our offerings incorporate and promote the wellbeing for each of us and we are building a future where we collectively work together towards our core purpose in Making the World a Better Home.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Plant Manager who is a hands-on passionate leader that will provide strategic and tactical direction for our KP WINDOWS plant. The successful candidate will develop and execute strategies utilizing our Continuous Improvement Methodology-World Class Manufacturing (WCM) framework to increase customer satisfaction, safety, quality, delivery, productivity, cost, capital expenditure that are consistent with annual and long term objectives.
You will oversee and promote effective Health, Safety and Environmental programs and practices, that ensure high standards of site safety are established and sustained- because that is one our deeply held values. Driving the site to achieve/surpass customer and financial commitments will be key and possible through effective leadership, collaboration, and driving culture change towards continuous improvement mindset throughout the organization.
- Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability: Lead site safety engagement, focus and commitment to zero. Establish and oversee EHSS systems to ensure that all buildings, equipment and grounds are maintained in good and safe operating condition while ensuring the environment is protected
- Leadership: Manage all aspects of plant operations to ensure on time delivery of quality products while minimizing cost. Provide effective communication of direction, goals, plans, targets and results to all employees. Develop strategy that delivers short and long term progression of results attainment and culture.
- World Class Manufacturing (CI): Lead the plant in World Class Manufacturing initiatives that continues to develop WCM teams that reduce costs, improve processes, skills and technology.
- Financials and Budgeting: Manage and develop key financials such as budgeting, manage purchasing, capital to meet/exceed business expectations. Develop long range plans for Capex investment and progression of performance metrics.
- People: Create a culture of employee engagement, trust and talent development. Promote a co-operative labour/management approach in a unionized environment and addressing complaints and grievances in timely manner.
- University degree in related technical field (Science or Engineering or equivalent)
- 7+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment, 5+ years in a leadership role
- Proven ability to lead cultural change and create winning teams
- Demonstrated leadership, collaboration and excellent communications skills to influence and build partnerships at all levels. Previous experience working in a unionized environment is required.
- Expert understanding of the use and application of Autonomous Maintenance, Professional Maintenance and Kaizen problem solving.
- Advanced skills in planning to manage broad group of plant functions
- Strong financial acumen to diagnose and resolve business challenges in addition to budget development
- Efficient problem solving skills with the ability to work in stressful situations
- Results orientation, data driven and works with a sense of urgency
- Available off hours for occasional support when required.
- SAP experience is an asset
What we offer…
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible optionsincludes, but is not limited to:
· Besides a great work culture where we work hard, while trying to have fun with various events, regular companywide activities geared towards our employees and a strong safety culture we also offer the following:
· Excellent healthcare benefits package
· Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
· Financial Security: Competitive RRSP , Company-funded DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
· Volunteer Day off: Give back to the community – each employee has one paid day a year that they can use towards volunteering their time and effort with a registered charity
· And more perks!
Why work for us?
· At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
Live Well: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
To learn more about us visit www.certainteed.ca or www.kaycan.com
We look forward to hearing from everyone but please note that due to the volume of resumes submitted, only those selected for next steps will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.